Monday 22 September 2008

Dear Nanny

Hello nanny its been a couple of days but l haven't forgotten you nanny. I thought l would let you know whats been happening in your family this week. Stephen decided to disappear yesterday for 6 hours we we on the verge of calling the police when he appeared round the corner full of attitude. I was on the verge of calling the police maybe l shouldn't always think the worst but in this day and age you have to assume the worst first l think. I haven't decided what punishment to give him yet l don't think he cares what it is cos hes been out now. I miss you so much nan its not getting any easier. Yesterday we drove through winslow on the way to Daniels football match in Aylesbury and all l could think of was you, you walked up and down that road for over 60 years and you will never do it again. Life doesn't seem fair l know we all talk about dying its something that will happen to us all but when it touches you in such a quick and sudden way its so hard to deal with. I keep looking at your photograph and l can't believe we will never talk to you again you will never see Daisy and Adam grow up. We always think there will be a tomorrow to say things and do things but the hard truth is that one day there won't be. That is such a harsh lesson for us to learn. Some of haven't grasped it yet nan but they will.You will live for ever in our hearts l will never let my children forget you and all that you were. Daniel scored a goal at football yesterday he was so happy. His confidence is on such a high at the moment. He has changed so much since the bad days nan. He is still a bad tempered teenager but he is so lovely at times you could almost forget the past. I was so angry at the twins school today Adam likes me to walk him right in but today she grabbed him at the door and pulled him away from me. Poor Adam was in floods of tears and Daisy looked all hurt and bewildered l am so angry that once they get to school teachers take them a way from you nan. I have started my diet again today ! l know l know but all l can do is keep persevering l made a promise to Del that l would be in that little green dress on Christmas day and l have to not only for him but for me as well. Robert sent mum an e mail saying my latest poem on Mk.com is about him it isn't nan its about how we face up to life without you. Its a good job he hasn't read the one on here our little secret huh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: